POSITION: Graphic Design/Communications Intern Unpaid
FACILITY NAME: ASM Global/Ritz Theatre and Museum
LOCATION: Jacksonville, FL
REPORTS TO: Business Development Manager
ASM Global, a management powerhouse that spans five continents, 14 countries and more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibit centers, and performing arts venues, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Graphic Design/Communications Intern for ASM Global/Ritz Theatre and Museum who will be responsible for the reputation and brand management. This means telling the great stories of our program participants and communicating details platforms. This team also partners with resources to find and create compelling content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn how to help us tell stories about business practices, monitor the latest industry headlines,track and clip media coverage and conduct research.
- Learn to write press releases and blog stories.
- Learn how to generating sample content for social media platforms and a variety of internal communication channels.
- Supporting communication strategies and utilizing storytelling ability to inspire through engaging, timely and accurate information.
- Supporting opportunities to highlight key company initiatives,
- Learn to build relationships with a network of partners and contributors.
- Help to find opportunities for visual storytelling through design, photojournalism, and videography.
- Watch how to develop visual communication through the creation of fliers, posters, digital signage, and presentations.
- Train to be responsible for the reputation and brand management
- Learn to find and create compelling content.
- Learn to develop an integrated content strategy
- Learn how to ensure that communications are streamlined, easy to understand, engaging and on brand.
- Collaborate with communications colleagues to align messaging across all audiences.
- Measure effectiveness of content across various channels and use feedback to improve future efforts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• In order to be considered you must submit a writing sample. You can choose the writing sample you would like to submit. It could be a project from school, an article you have written, social media excerpt, etc. This is completely up to you. Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Writing Sample
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from an accredited college/university within 6 months.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must provide own transportation to/from work
Education and/or Experience
• Currently pursuing (or recently graduated with) a degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communications, or a related major
• 3.0 G.P.A. or higher is required.
• Previous reporting/writing experience with a student or professional publication in print, television or online media
• Strong writing and research skills and knowledge of the media
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
The approximate dates of this internship are September 2019 through December 2019. Interns must be available 16 hours a week for 6 credit hours.
Housing: Housing or housing assistance is not provided.
A Blend of History and Culture
In 1999, The Ritz Theatre and Museum was constructed on the site of the 1929 Ritz Theater movie house in Jacksonville’s historic African American community of La Villa.During La Villa’s height of activity in the 1920s-1960s, it was known as the “Harlem of the South.”
The mission of the Ritz Theatre and Museum is to “research, record, and preserve the material and artistic culture of African American life in Northeast Florida and the African Diaspora, and present it in an educational or entertaining format, showcasing the many facets that make up the historical and cultural legacy of this community.”Building on the community’s proud heritage, the Ritz is truly a special place where history’s missing chapters are being restored, where talent is nurtured, and creativity is celebrated.It is a community gathering place where ideas are exchanged, information is disseminated, and a roadmap for the future is developed.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above.They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Submit sample writing to:
Jacksonville FL 32202
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact Vanessa Davis
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.